Monday, July 26, 2010

In a Foxhole...


There are many very good reasons to find yourself in a foxhole right about now. The economy. Lay-offs. Debt. Uncertainty. Stress. Teenagers. Do any of these ring a bell with you? What about the climbing divorce rate? Child sex trafficking? Extreme poverty? I at times feel so overwhelmed by the facts. It seems like jumping into the foxhole and waiting it out is my only option. Brady Boyd, Pastor at New Life Church, stated "Foxholes were not designed for long-term living." He is right. Brady went on to say, "If you live in a foxhole, you will certainly die there."

Earlier this year I went to Uganda, Africa. I met extreme poverty face to face. I saw little kids only days away from death. I responded like any human would. I cried. I then joined a group that is up to something. Doing something about it. And I give. I give a lot. Then I jumped back into the foxhole. I feel myself many times thinking about them. It hurts to think about them. It moves me. It wrecks me. My heart turns violently in my chest. I usually start thinking of something else. Anything else. I jump back into the foxhole. However, I don't want to die in the foxhole.

So why am I in this foxhole? What am I waiting for?

"Foxholes were not designed for long-term living." Brady Boyd

What are the consequences for getting out of the foxhole? How great could it feel to charge ahead? Storm the enemy? What if I take a bullet? What if I loss it all?

Brady finished up with saying, "What we believe will determine how we behave."

I am one voice. I am one heart. I am one sacrifice. It is time for me to get out of this foxhole! It is time for me to take ground. Charge ahead. Conquer.

No comments: